New initiative to encourage careers in equine practice
The British Equine Veterinary Association (BEVA) is offering free membership to veterinary students. As part of a new initiative with the aim of encouraging more veterinary professionals into equine practice.
According to BEVA, less than one in ten veterinary students choose to work in equine practice. The association hopes that this initiative will provide insight into the field and the benefits of a career in equine medicine.
Benefits of membership include:
- access to a network of nearly 3,000 members
- special student rates to attend BEVA Congress
- online access to BEVA’s Equine Veterinary Education (EVE) journal
- free access to the association’s online learning platform
- free access to BEVA’s practical veterinary apps
- exclusive discounts on a range of things from cinema tickets to grocery shopping.
BEVA will be releasing a series of short videos over the next few months from BEVA Council members, explaining what inspired them to work in equine practice.
Image (c) BEVA.