Nominations can be made until Friday 8 October.
Burgess Pet Care has announced that the deadline for this year's Burgess Excel Vet Awards has been extended until this Friday (8 October).
Originally intended to close on Friday 1 October, the deadline has been extended to allow for a greater number of submissions, with a particular desire for more submissions in the 'Rabbit Support Staff of the Year' and 'Rabbit Awareness Week Campaign of the Year' categories.
There are eight awards eligible for nominations:
• Rabbit Vet of the Year (open to all practising UK veterinary surgeons)
• Rabbit Nurse of the Year (open to all practising veterinary nurses in the UK)
• Rabbit Friendly Veterinary Practice of the Year (open to all practices on the RWAF rabbit friendly list)
• Rabbit Awareness Week (RAW) campaign of the Year (open to all vet practices or individual staff working within the veterinary industry in the UK)
• Rabbit Support Staff of the Year (open to all staff working in UK vet practices)
• Rabbit Student of the Year (open to students in the UK who are studying Veterinary, Veterinary Nurse or Animal Care and Nutrition courses)
• Rabbit friendly charity practice of the Year (open to all not-for-profit veterinary practices in the UK)
• Guinea Pig Friendly Veterinary Practice of the Year (open to all practices in the UK).
The winners of each award will be announced on 11 November at the London Vet Show 2021, and the winner from each category will receive a trophy and a cash prize of £250.
Nominations can be made via the nomination form here, or by completing a nomination form and returning it via post. Self nominations may be made.